Wednesday, April 20, 2016

How to write Acknowledgements for final year project and Thesis

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

            I would like to express my sincere gratitude to several individuals and organizations for supporting me throughout my Master/Ph.D. study. First and foremost, I wish to express my sincere thanks to my supervisor, Professor (name), for his patience, enthusiasm, insightful comments, invaluable suggestions, helpful information, practical advice and unceasing ideas which have helped me tremendously at all times in my research and writing of this thesis. His immense knowledge, profound experience and professional expertise in Statistical Quality Control (SQC) has enabled me to complete this research successfully. I am thankful to him for his precious time in guiding me, answering my queries, correcting and improving the English in my thesis. Without his guidance and relentless help, this thesis would not have been possible. I could not have imagined having a better supervisor in my study.
            I also wish to express my sincere thanks to Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for accepting me into the Master/Ph.D. program. In addition, I am deeply indebted to the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia for granting me the MyPhD scholarship. This financial support has enabled me to complete my Master/Ph.D. study successfully. Also, I thank the School of Mathematical Sciences (PPSM), USM for sponsoring me to conferences.
            My sincere thanks goes to Professor (name), Dean of PPSM, USM, for his continuous support and assistance in my postgraduate study. I am also grateful to the lecturers and staff of PPSM for their kindness, hospitality and technical support. In addition, I would like to acknowledge the Institute of Postgraduate Studies, USM and PPSM for organizing various workshops, which have helped me in improving my research and programming skills.
           I also wish to express my deepest thanks to my parents and two elder brothers. Their unwavering support and encouragement is my source of strength. I am also thankful to my beloved fiancée, (name). She is always there caring for me, cheering me up and stood by me through the peaks and valleys of my life. Additionally, I owe my gratitude to all my friends, church members and pastors for giving me their company, friendship, moral support and advice. Last but not least, I am grateful to Jesus and the Almighty God for the abundant blessings and unfailing love for me.

P.S. This is an example on how to write a good acknowledgement for any projects, i.e. final year project, Master, as well as Ph.D thesis. The steps of writing are as follows:
Step 1: Acknowledge your supervisor.
Step 2: Acknowledge your school/faculty/institution/University/College, as well as the staffs that you are grateful for.
Step 3: Acknowledge your financial assistance, eg scholarship, grant, and studyloan (PTPTN).
Step 4: Acknowledge your parents, friends, and your partner for their moral support.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to express your sincere gratitude to several individuals and organizations. Your acknowledgement is really appreciable. The associate with your success really will be happy to see this. This is really a smart way to express.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you to thank for your season of this great read!!! I definitely appreciate each and every piece of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff of your blog an unquestionable requirement read blog Undergraduate Project!

    ReplyDelete